Monday, February 16, 2015

Tiny iOS News - Outlook for iOS & Firefox mockup

I don’t think this update actually solves a core issue with the Outlook for iOS app. But it does signal to me that the development team for the product is at work so maybe a more secure solution could be coming, eventually.

The other thing (I think) I am waiting for is a Firefox app for iOS. Unfortunately, the way I understand it, third-party iOS browsers still need to use the browser rendering engine from Apple. So even though I use Chrome for iOS, at the core it is still powered the same as Safari for iOS.  Firefox has to comply as well.

There isn’t a good way to tell if the final product will look anything like these images. I’m not really certain I like the result; seems very busy with all the different modal views.

Still, I’ll give it a shot if/when the final product comes out.

I do like the Chrome iOS feature that allows me to synchronize my settings and bookmarks between the iPad and iPhone. That is handy and looking at one of the rows of screenshots, Mozilla will have a similar feature in their release.

Cheers,

--Claus Valca

No comments: