D. McCunney recently requested an updated list of my Firefox Extensions.
Fair enough, been almost six-months since my last list.
Right now I am using Firefox 3 (Minefield/Nightly) builds. They are very stable now. However, most folks looking to do the jump to Firefox 3.0 should go with Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 (or 2 when it is released soon). If you are really adventurous, check out this post of mine; "Private Label" Firefox Builds and roll your own custom job.
Last time I had 39 Firefox Add-ons installed. Now I am down to 34.
Mostly is it due to compatibility. Some just didn't play well with Firefox 3.0. Others listed below will work with Firefox 3.0, but still need to be "hacked" by bumping up the em:maxVersion value located in the install.rdf file of the the .xpi package. That or use the Nightly Tester Tools Add-on. Others got dropped because I didn't use the features as much as I thought I would.
Here you go kiddos.
Extensions (enabled: 34, disabled: 0):
- Adblock Plus - Adblock is a content filtering plug-in for the Mozilla and Firebird browsers.
- Advanced Dork - Adblock is a content filtering plug-in for the Mozilla and Firebird browsers.
- CacheViewer - This extension is GUI Front-end of "about:cache".
- CoLT - Makes it easy to copy a hyperlink's associated text and URL at the same time.
- Copy as HTML Link - Creates HTML formatted link of current web-page using selected text
- Copy Plain Text - Copies text without formatting. Use from the Edit or context menus.
- Download Statusbar - Copies text without formatting. Use from the Edit or context menus.
- DownloadHelper - Save videos from sites to your hard disk.
- Dr.Web anti-virus link checker - Scan for malicious programs any web link before it is opened.
- Extension List Dumper - Provides list of installed extensions, themes and plugins.
- Fast Dial - Kind of like Opera's Speed Dial. Multi-window view of favorite webpages.
- Fasterfox - Performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
- Favicon Picker 2 - This extension adds a UI for replacing bookmark icons.
- Fire Analytics - View your Google Analytics reports in Firefox.
- FoxClocks - Display world times in your status bar.
- Full Map - See more of the actual map on Google Maps. Rotate through 3 modes.
- Fullerscreen - See more of the actual map on Google Maps. Rotate through 3 modes.
- Google Send to Phone - Send short text-messages to mobile phones.
- InfoLister - Provides list of installed extensions, themes and plugins.
- Java Quick Starter - Feature of Java to allow faster loading/execution of Java applets.
- Link Alert - Cursor changes to indicate type target link is.
- Linky - Open or download links, image links and web addresses found in the page text.
- ListZilla - Provides list of installed extensions.
- Make Link - Adds a context menu item to copy links to the clipboard multiple formats.
- NewsFox - RSS feed reader extension for Mozilla Firefox.
- Nightly Tester Tools - Adds a few extras useful to those that regularly test Mozilla's nightly builds.
- PhProxy - InBasic - Flexible Proxy-on-demand for anonymous web surfing.
- Remove It Permanently - Point and click removal of web-page elements.
- Save Image in Folder - Save images into different folders via right-click context menu.
- SearchLoad Options - Adds a menu for tweaking the search bar's default behavior.
- Secure Login - Uses the built-in password manager, but deactivates the pre-filling of login forms.
- Smart Link - Adds open in new tab / window options to right click menu for plain url texts.
- Uppity - Hop Up the URL structure of a page via the address bar to quickly navigate a website.
- Default 3.0pre [selected]
There are lots of pretty themes now, and Personas for Firefox looks even better than before. However, the plain-old default theme works well for me, and as a plus usually avoids compatibility issues with the "nightly" versions.
Didn't really go looking for these. They either got installed as part of another software package, or I found I needed them to view Web media.
- iTunes Application Detector
- Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U10
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft® DRM
- Mozilla Default Plug-in
- QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5
- Shockwave Flash
- Shockwave for Director
- Silverlight Plug-In
- Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
There you go. Thanks for asking!