Monday, July 10, 2006

GITS:Tachikoma

I have a confession to make.

I've been Jones'ing out on the final episode of GITS: 2nd GIG. I've re-watched it, like, 10-15 times in the past month.

And each time I cry like a baby. Like I cry for "50 First Dates." Well, maybe not quite the same way.

I won't spill too much of the plot-ending, but those darn Tachikoma's are at it again. Sacrificing themselves for their team members and humanity in general.

Near the end of GITS: Stand Alone Complex first season, the three remaining Tachikomas sacrificed themselves in battle to protect the Motoko and Batou. It was heart wrenching.

Then they all go and do it again--with flair and style.

Ghost in the Shell - Wikipedia

Masamune Shirow Hyperpage

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Official website

Ghost in the Shell: 2nd GIG - nice official website in Australia.

GITS: Production Site - Creators "Production I.G." anime production information

..:: GHOST in the SHELL - official site::.. - Great multimedia experience for the original GITS anime movie.

Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society - Production I.G. information on their upcoming GITS movie release. Looks exciting.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society - More visual GITS treats from Dannychoo.com

And finally, Yotsuba& Tachikoma. It's so Kawaii!!!!

--Claus

No comments: