Sunday, March 15, 2015

EMET 5.2 Now Out

News dropped this week that Microsoft released version 5.2 of their Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit – EMET.

It has some new enhancements.

It installed just fine on both my Win 7 x64 systems along side Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

As previously mentioned, I’ve disabled the EMET protection for “iexplore.exe” so they play nicely, but that strategy seemed to work fine.

However, when I installed EMET 5.2 on Lavie’s Win 8.1 x64 laptop, despite disabling/removing the EMET protection settings for Internet Explorer, the browser continued to hang while I hat Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit going.

I could run just EMET 5.2 OR just Malwarebytes’ AE but I decided I still like the idea of both so I ended up having to roll back to EMET 5.1 where I don’t have an issue when iexplore.exe is disabled.

So, that’s my experience with EMET 5.2 so far.

Cheers,

--Claus Valca

No comments: