Here are a bunch of tools and tips for you network support geeks.
- WirelessConnectionInfo – New NirSoft utility for getting stats on active WiFi connections. More information on Nir Sofer’s blog post.
- Determining network protocols - Packet Foo
- Lizard Stresser Runs on Hacked Home Routers — Krebs on Security
- Hunting For MAC Addresses In a Switched Environment (by Tony Fortunato) – LoveMyTool blog
- Entering Promiscuous Mode on OS X – Daniel Miessler’s blog
- Colasoft Ping Tool 1.2 – tips from Moonpoint Support blog
- Free Visual Traceroute – 4sysops – review of the Visual Traceroute freeware tool from WhatsUpGold
- Announcing Message Analyzer 1.2 – MessageAnalyzer – new build version out. Update now!
- Message Analyzer Glossary – MessageAnalyzer
- WinsockReset - Foolish IT LLC
- Wireshark: Filter Expression Buttons (by Joke Snelders) – LoveMyTool blog
- Record Web Traffic with FiddlerCap for Windows – The WindowsClub blog review
- Recording Web Traffic with FiddlerCap – Telerik. Mini-version of their Fiddler tool.
- FiddlerCap with Firefox – Telerik tip
- Download Fiddler Web Debugging Tool for Free – Telerik – New version release to 126.96.36.199 came out Feb 3rd. Update now!
- Free Portable LAN Network Benchmark Tools for Windows - Next of Windows
- When Is A Lost Packet Not Lost? (by Tony Fortunato) – LoveMyTool blog