It has been quite the week.
Long hours in the sausage factory coordinating mop-up responses to a viral outbreak that began about 3 weeks ago. Maybe more on that in a future post.
Figure in to that equation a steady-stream of side-job support to friends of the family who have dropped off a parade of PC systems at the Valca micro-ranch for cleaning and service.
Couple that with several auto-service related runs to address that Saturn ignition-switch recall, repair of both the busted Saturn front door mechanical locks—oh, and apparently my mini-spare semi-exploded in my trunk without me even being aware of it…until I found it when I had to change my flat tire. Nice.
Needless to say my fatigue level is a bit high and my patience is a bit low. So today I’m recharging the batteries with some GSD blog postings and chilling to some Americana and Roots tunes.
We are getting ready to deploy some new items into our environment; Surface Pro 3 devices running Windows 8.1.
To assist with the readiness to support the chosen customers getting this equipment, here are some sets of resources that can help with getting to know them both. I’ve also included some additional links on Windows 8 which is just a bit different than Windows 8.1 but should still be helpful.
Windows 8.1 Guides
- Three all new Windows 8.1 video tutorials - what's new in 8.1, keyboard shortcuts, and managing windows - Scott Hanselman
- Getting started tutorials for Windows - Windows tutorial
- Windows 8.1 Training - Technical Courses, Certification – Microsoft TechNet
- Windows Training Courses for Planning & Deployment – Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Free ebook: Introducing Windows 8.1 for IT Professionals - Microsoft Press
- Windows 8.1 Topics - Channel 9 Microsoft
- Windows Training, Support and Technical Resources - darrylcauldwell.com
- TechEd North America 2014 - Channel 9 Microsoft
Windows Surface Pro 3 Guides
- Deployment and Administration Guide for Surface Pro 3 – Microsoft Whitepaper
- Surface Pro 3 Deployment - Channel 9 Microsoft
- Surface Pro 3 Deployment – Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Fixing Surface Pro Video Driver Issue on Windows 10 Build - Next of Windows
- Updated Powershell script with January 2015 drivers for deploying the Surface Pro 3 with MDT 2013 - just another windows noob ?
- Surface Pro 3 - Initial Impressions - Scott Hanselman
- Using a Surface Pro 3 full time for two months - Scott Hanselman
- Surface Pro 3 Topics - Channel 9 Microsoft
Windows 8 Guides
- The Missing Windows 8 Instructional Video - Scott Hanselman
- Windows 8 Jump Start - Free, Online Technical Training - TechNet
- Windows 8 Jump Start Training for IT Pros - Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Windows 8 Training: Planning & Preparation - Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Tutorial Windows 8, Exploring - Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Free ebook: Introducing Windows 8: An Overview for IT Professionals (Final Edition) - Microsoft Press
- Windows 8 Topics - Channel 9 Microsoft
- Free Windows 8 Tutorial – GCFLearnFree