Good information to know if you use a Western Digital encrypted hard drive. Not breaking news but still good to be familiar with – especially if your organization uses them!
- Western Digital self-encrypting hard drives riddled with security flaws - Ars Technica
- Western Digital self-encrypting hard drives are completely insecure – HelpNet Security News
- Western Digital's hard drive encryption is useless. Totally useless - The Register
- got HW crypto? On the (in)security of a Self-Encrypting Drive series (PDF link - right-click and save file) – Paper by researchers Gunnar Alendal, Christian Kison, modg.
- Western Digital Security – a short story of a known password that doesn’t work – Hexacorn blog
- Windows Slowdown, Investigated and Identified - Random ASCII blog
- Windows Slowdown, Investigated, Identified, and Now Fixed - Random ASCII blog