Microsoft quietly released an update to their Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit back in November 2013.
- Introducing Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) 4.1 - Security Research & Defense - TechNet
- Microsoft updates the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit - Help Net Security
- Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit - EMET - TechNet Security
- Download EMET 4.1 (Recommended) - Microsoft Download
I run this free enhanced security tool on all our personal Windows systems and recommend and install it on friends and family members’ systems who ask as well.
Previous background on EMET:
- Microsoft’s EMET v 4.0 Released … in case you missed it - GSD blog.
- toolsmith: EMET 4.0 - These Aren’t the Exploits You’re Looking For - HolisticInfoSec blog
- Windows Security 101: EMET 4.0 — Krebs on Security
- Threat Mitigation with EMET 4.0 - Microsoft Security TechCenter
- Microsoft's EMET v 4.0 Released … in case you missed it - GrandStreamDreams blog
- EMET 3.5: The Value of Looking Through an Attacker's Eyes - ISC Diary - This was a fascinating post about the Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Experience 3.5 toolkit and how it can leverage additional anti-malware protection on systems. I’m not sure a site-wide deployment would make a lot of sense, but for workbench systems and testing it might be a smart move to consider.