Two steps forward, one back.
I my recent post Fresh Firefox musings – And Shiretoko I ended up crashing my Nightly builds of Firefox 3.1 and also being burned by the loss of “drag-n-drop” functionality between links in Thunderbird emails as well as the general bookmarking system.
So I jumped down and over to a more stable Shiretoko Alpha 2 build.
As I blogged, it worked great.
So when I saw word this week that Firefox 3.1b1 was released I thought it could only get better.
In many ways it is, but, again, I have lost the ability to drag-n-drop links from Thunderbird into Firefox and have the page load automagically.
Not sure if I can live with working around it (copy link address and paste in address bar) or if I will roll-back to Shiretoko Alpha 2.
Here are more Firefox 3.1b1 related links, in case you happen to still be interested.
- Mozilla Project Weekly Status: 2008-10-13 - Firefox Extension Guru’s Blog
- Early Adopter Featured Download: Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 Now Available for Download, First Look - Lifehacker
- Firefox 3.1 beta 1 released and reviewed - Mozilla Links
- Firefox web browser – 3.1b1 download - Mozilla
- Firefox 3.1b1/Shiretoko Released - Firefox Extension Guru’s Blog
- Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition 3.1 Beta 1 Released - PortableApps.com
- Finer session restore for Firefox 3.1 - Mozilla Links
- Installed Firefox 3.1b1 - Firefox Extension Guru’s Blog