Just spotted this new tool from Microsoft.
Looks pretty and nice--will let you know how it works for a basic level coder like myself.
Microsoft XML Notepad 2006, (freeware)
Microsoft Product Overview (Quoting)
Handy features include:
* Tree View synchronized with Node Text View for quick editing of node names and values.
* Incremental search (Ctrl+I) in both tree and text views, so as you type it navigates to matching nodes.
* Cut/copy/paste with full namespace support.
* Drag/drop support for easy manipulation of the tree, even across different instances of XML Notepad and from the file system.
* Infinite undo/redo for all edit operations.
* In place popup multi-line editing of large text node values.
* Configurable fonts and colors via the options dialog.
* Full find/replace dialog with support for regex and XPath.
* Good performance on large XML documents, loading a 3mb document in about one second.
* Instant XML schema validation while you edit with errors and warnings shown in the task list window.
* Intellisense based on expected elements and attributes and enumerated simple type values.
* Support for custom editors for date, dateTime and time datatypes and other types like color.
* Handy nudge tool bar buttons for quick movement of nodes up and down the tree.
* Inplace HTML viewer for processing xml-stylesheet processing instructions.
* Built-in XML Diff tool.
* Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows XP
*.NET Frameworks v2.0
Spotted over at DownloadSquad (with pretty screenshots).