Windows Live Writer allows you to compose in several different views; Normal, Web Layout, Web Preview, and HTML.
I normally use the Web Layout view to compose my posts.
In the top is the line for your blog post title.
Only it acts kinda strange when I attempt to edit it in "Web Layout" view.
Say you have a long post title, and you want cut or copy part of it out or maybe paste something more into it.
On my system, if I try to use the mouse/cursor to select a section of the text, it refuses and just puts an insertion cursor at the front of the title.
What's a guy or gal to do?
- Just click in the title line so your selection cursor shows up there,
- Use the arrow keys to move the cursor over to the beginning of the section you want,
- Press and hold the shift key down,
- Arrow over the selection you want.
- When done you can CTRL-X to cut, CTRL-C to copy or CTRL-V to paste.
Not elegant, but it will do the job.
Or you can just switch over to editing in "Normal" mode where it doesn't exhibit that behavior and works just fine with the mouse/cursor selection functions.