Hmm. Any ideas?
I depend on Matousec to provide information, reviews, and updates on the world of firewall leak-testing efficacy.
Only one problem.
I can't load Matousec.com
In the past month or so, I have been unable to reach their website from home. Never had a problem before.
I seem to recall trying occasionally at work and being able to get through just fine.
However, here at home I keep getting "page not found" errors.
Here is what I know
- I get the error in Firefox, Opera and IE7.
- It happens on all my systems: SAMLinux, XP (laptop and desktop), and Vista.
- I am using OpenDNS.
- An OpenDNS cache check resolves the IP for www.matousec.com as 184.108.40.206
- I am unable to ping or pull up Matousec's address.
- Adding it to my HOSTS file doesn't help.
- DNS Traversal times for the site seem a bit high...is it just a timeout issue?
- A DNSstuff DNS Report for Matousec turns up what seems to be pretty good status.
- The WhoIS information on the site seems good and was recently updated.
- I ran a traceroute on the site, and it seems to take on average 16 hops before the final destination is reached at lenny.onebit.cz and the router there does not respond (along with a couple others along the way).
- I'm running TimeWarner/Comcast home broadband. No other problems on any other sites...and yes...my system and HOSTS files are crystal-clear-clean of malware.
- A Wireshark packet sniff seems to find the name is DNS resolving just fine.
- And the kicker? If I run TorPark (now XeroBank...see BTW #2 below), the page seems to load just fine.
Any ideas or feedback on your own experiences? I want to make sure I'm not missing something stupidly obvious before sending an email query to the Matousec website team for a downed website that is quite clearly up and running just fine, otherwise.
DNSstuff is a cool website to use to check Web networking things. Highly "Valca Recommended" to bookmark this one!
The anonymous web-browser Torpark has been rebranded as XeroBank.
The previous (older) builds of TorPark I have all still seem to run just fine.