Quick-post for the offline system booting and LiveCD/USB-booting crowd.
- Win-UFO and Wireshark (by Casey Mullis) - LoveMyTool blog - some neat information about the WIN-UFO project’s LiveCD.
- WinPE 5.0 scratch space in MDT 2013 and ConfigMgr 2012 R2 - Deployment research blog by Johan Arwidmark. via Chris Nackers Blog
- Adding WinBuilder PE and WinFE ISOs to Easy2Boot - RMPrepUSB, Easy2Boot and USB booting blog
- Add Microsoft ERD Commander and MSDart Windows Recovery ISOs to Easy2Boot - RMPrepUSB, Easy2Boot and USB booting blog
- WinFE has some street cred with the Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence - Windows Forensic Environment blog
- Hacking Exposed – Daily Blog #242, How to build WinFE to add to the Multiboot thumbdrive -Windows Forensic Environment blog
- From Hacking Exposed: Adding the WinFE Image to the Multiboot Thumbdrive Image (Video) -Windows Forensic Environment blog
- Kali LInux Metapackages - Kali Linux. This is a very informative post by the Kali team on all the different custom meta packages available. It provides a nice description of the differences between them all as well as the size-on-disk impact each package choice makes.
“One of our goals when developing Kali Linux was to provide multiple metapackages that would allow us to easily install subsets of tools based on their particular needs. Until recently, we only had a handful of these meta packages but we have since expanded the metapackage list to include far more options:
“These metapackages allow for easy installation of certain tools in a specific field, or alternatively, for the installation of a full Kali suite. “