Tips, trainings and warnings for the sysadmins in IT.
- IT Hiccups of the Week - IEEE Spectrum - Being “good” in IT is really hard. Much harder than people think.
- You may be a victim of software counterfeiting (or not) - MoonPoint support blog
- Defrag Tools: #58 - Sysinternals Streams and Autoruns Example - Defrag Tools Channel 9
- Plan Your Free Online Education at Lifehacker U: Fall Semester 2013 - Lifehacker has a really great roundup and details on free online courses covering a wide range of subject matter…and not just in IT.
- free-programming-books/free-programming-books.md at master · vhf/free-programming-books · GitHub amazing collection of online books and reference materials for programmers. Spotted in this Grab Over 500 Free Programming Books from GitHub post at Lifehacker.
- Students Can Get Microsoft Office 365 For Free - MakeUseOf blog. From the post…
Starting on December 1st, Universities that license Office Education for their faculty and staff can offer students Office 365 ProPlus for free thanks to a new program called Student Advantage. For students at these institutions, that means free access to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Access, Publisher, and Lync. While many cheaper alternatives to Office have sprung up, many students still rely on Redmond’s good ol’ productivity tools.
- TRAINING: Utilizing SysInternals Tools for IT Pros - Kurt Shintaku's Blog. From the post…
Microsoft’s Virtual Academy has published a training course specifically for SysInternals Tools, including Process Explorer, ProcessMonitor, PS Tools, PsTools, Autoruns, etc.
Microsoft Premier Field Engineers step through a technical deep dive on utilizing SysInternals tools. This course focuses on key administrative and diagnostic utilities and addresses key insights, and best practices.
- TRAINING: Utilizing SysInternals Tools for IT Pros
- Tracking page file reads and writes - Clint Huffman's Windows Troubleshooting in the Field Blog
- [PowerShell Tip] Using WMIObject to Check Disk Partitions Info and Block Size - Next of Windows
- PowerTip: Use PowerShell to Obtain Disk Image Info - Hey, Scripting Guy! Blog
- The Net Command Line to List Local Users and Groups - Next of Windows
- 10 reasons for using PowerShell ISE instead of the PowerShell console - 4sysops
- Where can I find the USMT return codes and error messages for USMT 5 based migrations ? - just another windows noob ? blog
- Viewing Cached Google Pages from DuckDuckGo - MoonPoint support blog
- Cache (explained) - DuckDuckGo features page
- DuckDuckGo !Bang - DuckDuckGo feature detail page