Monday, February 15, 2016

Opening more than one Firefox bookmarks “Library”

In trying to get a handle and organize my terribly large collection of “to be blogged” bookmarks of late, I found the desire to open more than one window of the Firefox bookmarks “Library” window.

I thought this would let me spread-out a bit and drag/drop them between – and within – different sub-folders much more efficiently.

Only I couldn’t quite make it happen.

Then I found this tip from “Gingerbread Man” on how to create an action bookmark to do just that.

1. Bookmark the following URL.

chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul

2. Middle-click the bookmark, or Shift+Click it, or right-click it and choose Open in New Window.

While not exactly two replicated “Library” window sessions, it is close enough. Yep. I can work with that!

The bad news (for me) is that I found some of my “to-blog” content over a year old and now I really have to winnow it down to remain relevant.

The good news (for you) is that I made a lot of headway in that area and coupled with some of the improvements in Open Live Writer, I might pick up the pace again.

Cheers,

--Claus Valca

No comments: