Three years ago – almost to the day – I posted this: grand stream dreams: …you’re getting warmer!
Then at the end of last year I posted this: grand stream dreams: Biting the hand…
Both were (mostly) fussing about the rising price of renting our cable modem box and my desire to finally buy my own unit.
Still haven’t done it yet. But I AM going to!
So here are some updated links to spur me onward.
- My New Modem by XFINITY – Xfinity - list of currently approved DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems available for retail purchase
- DOCSIS Devices – Xfinity - DOCSIS Device Compatibility and Capability
- The Best Cable Modem - The Wirecutter
- Install & Activate Your Purchased Modem for XFINITY Service – Xfinity
- How to Read Your Cable Modem’s Diagnostic Page When Something Goes Wrong – HowToGeek
- Buy Your Cable Modem Instead of Renting It to Save $120 Per Year – HowToGeek
- Want to use your own modem/router with Comcast? Here’s how - TechBlog