Why do I work so hard to bolster the defense-in-depth of our home Windows systems?
- like keeping the browsers updated to their most current patch level?
- like keeping all the third-party plug-ins updated to their most current patch level?
- like running EMET, and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, and AV/AM software all at the same time?
- like keeping our Windows OS’s religiously patched?
Because all it takes is tripping onto just one “good/trustworthy” website that has been exploited to serve up malware to a vulnerability and your system could be compromised and hosed.
- Jamieoliver[dot]com still compromised, now drops digitally signed malware - Malwarebytes Unpacked
More web exploits and attempts to stem the tide by the pros…
- Report: all major download sites serve potentially unwanted programs - gHacks Tech News
- VIRLOCK Combines File Infection and Ransomware - Security Intelligence Blog by Trend Micro
- MSRT March: Superfish cleanup - Microsoft Malware Protection Center TechNet Blog
- Upatre update: infection chain and affected countries - Microsoft Malware Protection Center TechNet Blog
- Malware Snoops Through Your Home Network - Security Intelligence Blog by Trend Micro
- BSides Austin 2015 and Malware Analysis Training – Malwarebytes Unpacked