Sadly, if you did apply your Windows Updates last week, it’s possible something broke.
- MS15-010 causing font/text issues… - Ask the Performance Team TechNet Blog
- MS15-023: Vulnerabilities in Kernel-mode driver could allow elevation of privilege: March 10, 2015 – Microsoft Support KB may fix the issues caused by MS15-010 patch.
- MS Update 3033929 Causing Reboot Loop - Krebs on Security
- Patch Tuesday: Is KB3033929 Causing Problems? - Patch Tuesday content from Windows IT Pro
- Missing install updates and shutdown option in Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Surface tablet blog
- Windows: csc.exe error when booting or shutting down – Borns IT and Windows Blog (Google Translated linked page)
Don’t give up hope…here are some tips and tools to keep you distracted
- Update: LiveKd v5.4, Autoruns v13.2, Sigcheck v2.2, Process Explorer v16.05 - Sysinternals Site Discussion TechNet Blog
- DOWNLOAD: Updated release of "Outlook for iOS and Android_Info for IT Pros" documentation - Kurt Shintaku's Blog – I spent a good amount of time reading this paper and it looks like Microsoft has a plan to continue to shore up security and feature issues in their Outlook for iOS app. I’m confident enough now after reading it to use it with my personal Outlook accounts.
- DOWNLOAD: Surface Pro 3 firmware and Driver Updates .MSI (Jan 2015) - Kurt Shintaku's Blog – Get all the core drivers and firmware updates for your Surface Pro 3 in a single file. Seems like a must-have for techs supporting Surface Pro 3 hardware.
- Latest Surface Pro 3 Updates in a Single File – LoveMySurface – some more tips and details
- Windows Repair (All In One) – Tweaking.com’s free utility to help you with a bunch of configuration tweaks all in one place. Updated. There is also a Pro ($) version available as well with more features.
- Windows Repair 3.0 debuts Pro version, new PC fixes – Betanews offers more details on the above tool
- Computer Technicians Toolbox - Troubleshoot Windows – The Windows Club has some additional info on the tool.
- You might also want to check out FoolishIT’s (older) d7 Free utility (version 10.4.35) or even their new d7II professional ($) software utility.