What a crazy, patch-filled couple of weeks it has been!
First there are the Windows patches
- Biggest Patch Tuesday In Recent History For March - SANS Institute Cyber Defense Blog
- Microsoft Releases 14 Security Bulletins, 5 Rated 'Critical'; Fixes FREAK Bug - TrendLabs Security Intelligence Blog
- Microsoft Fixes Stuxnet Bug, Again - Krebs on Security
- March 2015 Updates - Microsoft Security Response Center TechNet Blog
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday, March 2015 – SpiderLabs Blog by Trustwave
Next there are those Adobe patches
- Adobe Flash Update Plugs 11 Security Holes - Krebs on Security
- Adobe issues patches for 11 critical vulnerabilities in Flash Player - ZDNet
- Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player - Adobe Security Bulletin – These outline the updates for Flash 17, 16, 13,and 11.
- Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player - Adobe Security Bulletin – and these are the ones detailing Flash 12 updates.
- Security update available for Adobe Shockwave Player - Adobe Security Bulletin – Don’t forget Shockwave, if you really need/use it.
Go get ‘em!
- Adobe Flash Player Distros – Adobe Flash Player manual download distributions
- Adobe Shockwave Distros – Adobe Flash Player manual download distributions
- Adobe Air Distro – Adobe AIR manual download distributions
And for good measure, sometime recently Oracle released it’s own patches for Java. I didn’t realize I was behind until I checked!
- Didn't you know? Today's Patch Thursday! Adobe splats hijack bug in Shockwave Player - The Register
Go get ‘em
- Java v8 Distros – Oracle Java version 8 release manual download distributions
- Java v7 Distros (EoPU-2015/04) – Oracle Java version 7 release manual download distributions
Living without plug-ins such as Flash or Java - gHacks Tech News
Two EASY ways to check if you are up to date on your plugins:
Stay patched my friends!