Saturday, September 20, 2014

Windows 9 quick-bits

I posted a ton of links leading up to Windows 8 release.

In fact I still have a bunch of out-dated, un-posted links for Windows 8/8.1 that are languishing.

So it is with reservation that I offer these quick Windows 9 links…

Again, I really, really like the kernel core of Windows 8/8.1 compared to my lovely Windows 7.

Lavie has adjusted to life in Windows 8/8.1 and almost never complains any longer.

I love and have my Windows 7 primary system all dialed in just the way I like it and since a Windows 8 upgrade would come at a upgrade expense ($-$$) I cannot find a way to justify the jump.

But, if Microsoft does a good job on Windows 9 and also if rumors are true that it will be offered as a free OS upgrade for Win 7/8 users, then I might just make the jump from Windows 7 to Windows 9.

From Mary Jo Foley’s ZDNet article post:

“The Microsoft OS team is hoping to get as many Windows 7 users moved to Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows 8 users to Windows 8.1 Update in preparation for (hopefully) getting them to move to Threshold once it is out. It's still early in the Windows development cycle for Microsoft to have decided on packaging, pricing and distribution, but my sources say, at this point, that Windows Threshold is looking like it could be free to all Windows 8.1 Update, and maybe even Windows 7 Service Pack 1, users.”

So I will be excitedly looking forward to the Windows 9 technical previews.

Cheers,

--Claus Valca

No comments: