Things have been fairly quiet in the ForSec LiveCD world since the Kali Linux distro dropped.
They dropped a minor update last week for Kali Linux Accessibility Improvements for blind or visually impaired users. That was a nice touch.
- CAINE 4.0 and NBCaine 4.0 codename "Pulsar" released! - CAINE. Main features include the 3.2.0-38 kernel & GuyMager 0.7.1, additions of LibreOffice 4.0.1, Squliteman, Remote Filesystem Mounter, adparm, netdiscover, and fixes to netcat works and GHex. On the windows side of the CD, NirLauncher with FTK Imager and Sysinternals tools packed in as well. Lots of neat improvements here so go download your ISO!
- New Release of REMnux Linux Distro for Malware Analysis - Lenny Zeltser on Information Security announces Version 4 of the REMunx Linix Distro.
- Installing the REMnux Virtual Appliance for Malware Analysis - SANS Computer Forensics and Incident Blog has a great walkthough post from Lenny Zelter.
- ISC Handler Lenny Zeltser's REMnux v4 Reviewed on Hak5 - ISC Diary. Review picks up at the top by Hak5’s host Shannon Morse.
- REMnux: A Linux Distribution for Reverse-Engineering Malware - Home page and download links
- WinFE and UEFI Secure Boot! - Windows Forensic Environment blog. Brett Shavers has some notes of interest on some of the technical challenges facing WinFE users with UEFI secure booting.
- WinFE CTIN 2013 Presentation - Windows Forensic Environment blog. Brett Shavers has graciously shared his WinFE presentation: WinFE CTIN (PDF file link).