Sunday, April 28, 2013

Browsers Browsers Everywhere!

…and in browser news and trends, things are getting pretty interesting…

Firefox/Mozilla

…meanwhile over at the other hot-rod shop…

Sadly, I remain terribly frustrated that Chrome developers just will not add a “sidebar” feature for bookmark management to Chrome like Mozilla has. This is a soapbox I just can’t seem to climb down from with Chrome. Again I say, if it were not for this one missing feature, I might jump to using Chrome/Chromium as my primary browser and relegate Firefox to the #2 slot.

The closest “solution” I have found are tree-style tab organizers…but the drawback of them is having to leave the tabs open.  Something I don’t like doing.

Sigh.

Finally…it’s a bit older post, but I really found this post by Alex Limi very fascinating from a power user’s standpoint in using a browser. I don’t at all like the idea of removing control and configuration settings from access. That said, as a sysadmin, you can certain spend many frustrating hours troubleshooting a user’s web-experience problems before finding a buried browser setting that was causing the issue.

Cheers,

--Claus Valca

No comments: