One of the best 2013 ads I saw so far this year was this one during a small little scratch football game.
It worked for me on several levels.
However, soon a "parody” of sorts soon followed. First the words were developed by Chester Gifford and -- inspired - Matt Simmons of the great Standalone Sysadmin blog tossed together some images, and finally Drew Stemen contributed the voice-over. The whole story is here; God Made a SysAdmin | Standalone Sysadmin
Full text at website God Made a Sysadmin
Brilliant! I want to personally thank all those who appeared in the piece as well as the creative work and toil from Chester, Matt, and Drew. Who knows how much extra un-recorded time went into this project’s success? Well, a sysadmin would, naturally!
More Tips & Rumors
- Reset Your Forgotten Windows Login Password The Easy Way - Addictive Tips
- How to reset a Windows 8 password - 4sysops
- How to reset a Microsoft account password (connected account) - 4sysops
- Offline enable the Windows 8 built-in administrator account - 4sysops
- Triple Your Speed: How to Install an mSATA SSD Boot Drive in Your Laptop = LaptopMag blog
- Seagate is done making 7200rpm 2.5-inch pure hard disk drives - Ars Technica
- Chrome's Developer Tools for HTML Analysis - LoveMyTool blog by Tony Fortunato
- Network Capture is Dead! - MessageAnalyzer - This post highlights how MessageAnalyzer (the next generation Microsoft capture tool evolving from Network Monitor) doesn’t just focus captures on network “traffic” but also can monitor and analyze Event Tracing for Windows data as well. Pretty cool.
- Sniffing Traffic on the Wire with a Hardware Tap - Open Security Research blog
- Wireshark Security Updates -ISC Diary post
- Wireshark · Download - Versions 1.8.6 stable, 1.6.14 (old stable), and 1.9.1 (Dev release)
Toys and Wonders
- Kali Linux - New Sec/PenTest distro built on the back of BackTrack Linux and developed specifically for enterprise environments supporting penetration testing and security auditing. According to the distro documentation, it has over 300 tools baked in, will be free, sports many wireless devices, and has ARMEL/ARMHF support for “non-standard” hardware platforms such as Raspberry Pi, a VMWare Image, and the Samsung Chromebook. Pretty snazzy!
- Kali Linux - Downloads
- Kali Linux - Documentation
- Kali Linux arrives as enterprise-ready version of BackTrack - The H Security: News and Features
- Kali Linux Cracks Passwords and Finds Security Exploits on the Enterprise Level - Life Hacker
- Piriform pushes out minor update for CCleaner, version 4 coming soon - BetaNews
- CCleaner v3.28 - Piriform News
- Easily Download & Launch Sysinternals & Nirsoft Utilities With WSCC - Addictive Tips. Previously mentioned back in this Windows System Control Center (WSCC): Awesome Cool! GSD post.
- VirtualBox update fixes problems, makes the virtualization tool more stable - BetaNews - Yeah, go get your update… Downloads - Oracle VM Virtualbox
- Changelog – Version 4.2.10 - Oracle VM VirtualBox
- Upgrading Linux Guests - The Fat Bloke Sings blog
- Alternative Flash Player Auto-Updater - pXc-coding - now at version 188.8.131.52 - Works on XP,Vista. Win 7, Win 8, can work without user interaction (handy); of course Flash does have the option imbedded to auto-update. As I understand it, Flash auto-checks every seven days while this app can check for Flash updates at every reboot (or every two hours) if you are patch twitchy.
- Uninstall Flash Player - Windows - Adobe - Can’t get Flash out of your Windows system using Add/Remove/Programs & Features? Or want to roll back to and older version and Flash won’t let you? Use the official Flash Uninstall utility to remove all traces.
- JavaRa - SingularLabs - Fantastic all-in-one utility to update Java runtimes, remove Java runtimes, and clean up logs/temp-files used by Java runtimes.
- USB Image Tool 1.61 - alex's coding playground - Fast arriving update to fix a bug, use user-defined date/time formats for file name suggestions, and once an image restore is completed, automatically rescans for all devices to be detected.
- UEFI MULTI 72 - reboot.pro - Project to make a multi-boot USB-harddisk to boot systems with BIOS or UEFI firmware.
- IntegrateDrv - reboot.pro - Project for utility tool to integrate mass-storage or PNP drivers into Windows setup. This is a little bit different than the WinPE/DISM driver integration tools such as DISM GUI - Download: DISM GUI 3.1.1, and Je Jin's DISM Tool, and GUI Dism ELDI v3.0.2. I covered use of those in my GSD post Scratching at a SCSI Drive Itch - Part II - WinPE Redux .
Cheers and may you have a marvelous work-week!