In case you didn’t notice this past week or two…
Firefox 38/39 got patched for a file-stealing bug
- Firefox 38.1.1 ESR/39.0.3 Security Update Released - Firefox Extension Guru's Blog
- 0-day attack on Firefox users stole password and key data: Patch now! - Ars Technica
- Firefox exploit found in the wild - Mozilla Security Blog
- File-stealing Firefox bug exploited in the wild, patch immediately! - Help Net Security
- New Firefox Zero-Day Vulnerability Nabs Local Files and Leaves No Traces - HOTforSecurity
- New Firefox Zero-Day: Patch Now! - Malwarebytes Unpacked
- Update Firefox right now to squash file stealing bug - BetaNews
then Firefox 40 got released soon afters…
- Firefox 40 Released - Firefox Extension Guru's Blog
- Firefox 40: Find out what is new - gHacks Tech News
- Mozilla improves about:performance page in latest Firefox Nightly - gHacks Tech News
then Firefox 40.0.2 got released to fix some issues
- Firefox 40.0.2 Released - Firefox Extension Guru's Blog
- Mozilla releases Firefox 40.0.2 update to fix issues in the browser - gHacks Tech News
Mozilla Malware Protection (enhancement) news…
In my older
rant blog-post Firefox Malware Detection Download Monitoring: Thoughts I opined about the benefit but frustration of Mozilla’s safer browsing security features. Control over that feature fine-tuning began with fuller support in Firefox 39.
So with version 40 that support has been enhanced again.
Expanded Malware Protection in Firefox - Mozilla Security Blog
Fortunately, you do have a measure of control to disable (or dial back) this security feature if it blocks some legitimate sites or downloads.
- How does built-in Phishing and Malware Protection work? - Firefox Help
- How do I use the Phishing and Malware Protection features? - Firefox Help
In other (mostly Mozilla) news…
- Mozilla launches set of experimental features in Firefox Dev - gHacks Tech News
- Fix for installing unsigned add-ons in Firefox Dev and Nightly - gHacks Tech News
- How to re-enable the Dark Developer Theme in Firefox 40 and newer - gHacks Tech News
- Thoughts on Win64 Firefox Plugin Restrictions - Firefox Extension Guru's Blog
- Firefox 40 and Windows 10 Default Browser - Firefox Extension Guru's Blog
- Pale Moon blocks Adblock Plus - gHacks Tech News
Browse on my friends.