Here is a linkpost on network-related topics for the forsec and sysadmin crowds.
- Identifying Malware Traffic with Bro and the Collective Intelligence Framework (CIF) - Open Security Research blog
- Perform A Man In The Middle Attack With Kali Linux & Ettercap - Computer Howto’s - file under what you don’t know and understand can hurt you…so get familiar!
- Search and Carve Packets with CapLoader 1.2 - NETRESEC Blog - New version released in March.
- Carving Network Packets from Memory Dump Files - NETRESEC Blog
- Keyword Search in PCAP files - NETRESEC Blog
- “Network Device Forensics” Talk - Didier Stevens
- Recorded “Network Device Forensics” Talk - Didier Stevens
- LDWin v2.0 Released - What the.....? - New version release of the Network Link Discovery for Windows tool that can be used to track down which switch/port a system is plugged into. Handy in a pinch if your site documentation can’t easily provide the answer to that question and your toner is out of juice. Download at chall32/LDWin · GitHub
- Death to Intel PROset!! (and my apologies to Netgear) - Foolish IT LLC - I’ve always had good experiences with the Intel PROset network driver packages…but it turns out some caution should be used!