Here are some updated and improved tools you might want to take a look at:
Process Monitor v2.03 – Windows Sysinternals - “This update to Process Monitor, a real-time file, registry, process and network monitor, adds the ability to import and export configuration settings, shows an icon in the operations column depicting the event class of the operation, and fixes a symbol configuration bug on Windows XP.”
Autoruns v9.36 – Windows Sysinternals – “Autoruns changes the Hide Microsoft Entries to only hide Windows entries, fixes a bug in the Find behavior, allows enabling and disabling entries using the space bar, and fixes a number of minor bugs.”
Process Explorer v11.31 – Windows Sysinternals – “This update works around a bug in the latest Debugging Tools for Windows debug engine DLL and fixes a bug that could cause objects to show up as <unknown type> when Process Explorer was run without administrative rights.”
CleanAfterMe v1.30 – NirSoft - Clean Registry entries and files in your system adds new options: Fill files with zero bytes before deleting them (In Advanced Options), Don't ask me before cleaning my temporary folder (In Advanced Options), New cleaning items for Outlook/Word/Office temporary folder.
SpecialFoldersView v1.05 - Nirsoft – Utility to easily jump to special folders in Windows now adds 'CSIDL Name' column.
DriverView v1.16 – Nirsoft – Utility that lists all device drivers currently loaded on your Windows system now adds new option to hide Microsoft drivers.
NetworkMiner V0.87 released – SourceForge- NetworkMiner is a Network Forensic Analysis Tool (NFAT) for Windows that can detect the OS, hostname and open ports of network hosts through packet sniffing or by parsing a PCAP file. NetworkMiner can also extract transmitted files from network traffic. Version update deals with bug fixes.
Anti-Malware Toolkit v1.06.157 – Lunarsoft – Acts as a central anti-malware/anti-virus tool and program downloader. Select the items you wish to download and it will auto-download the files to appropriate folders. In many cases, users must still “install” the applications locally, but this does provide “one-stop” downloading for harried support staff. From the author’s website linked above:
- [Added] Tab control added to user interface to access Main, Settings and About.
- [Added] Proxy settings including username and password for authorization.
- [Added] Setting to download into categories (E.G.: Applications, Definitions).
- [Added] Option to save download path.
- [Added] Ability to open download folder when downloads complete.
- [Added] Settings are now saved to an xml file.
- [Added] Regedit now available under Tools menu.
- [Added] Auto-update feature and option in Settings.
- [Added] Update status added in statusbar.
- [Changed] Links menu contents rearranged. Windows Update now under Tools; PC Cleanup, PC Security and Lunarsoft links found under Help.
According to Download Squad this version now “…supports 37 different downloads in five categories, including:
- Spyware: Spyware Blaster, CCleaner, RogueRemover, SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, Spybot, Hijack This
- Definitions: Avast, Avira, Spybot, Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware
- Utilities: Dial-a-fix, JavaRA, Autoruns, Process Explorer, Rootkit Revealer, Unlocker, LSPFix, MS Malcious Software Removal, Windows Installer Cleanup
- Uninstallers: Avast, Avira, AVG (x86 and x64), BitDefender, Kaspersky, McAfee, One Care
- Recommendations: Firefox, Opera, Thunderbird, Avast, AntiVir, Comdo (x86 and x64), Auslogics Defrag, PageDefrag, UPHClean “
Blue Badge rev. 3 – Within Windows blog – This Windows7 alpha image hack tool now “…no longer patches system files, no longer requires administrative permissions, and is no longer locked to any specific build. It inserts all the known protected feature GUIDs as of build 6956 into the current user’s branch of the registry.” These unlocked registry override bits allow activation of various disabled features including "Aero Peek".
Go get updating kiddos!