In case you missed it, Apple is no longer going to support patching of Quicktime on Windows.
As a potential web-browser plugin, having an unpatched version present is an avenue for vulnerablity exploit on your system.
And with lots of other video playback options that can handle Quicktime media files, it just doesn’t make sense to keep this one around.
- Security Alert: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows - Duo Security
- US-CERT to Windows Users: Dump Apple Quicktime - Krebs on Security
- Apple deprecating QuickTime for Windows as new flaws are discovered - iMore
- Apple stops patching QuickTime for Windows despite 2 active vulnerabilities - Ars Technica
- If you have QuickTime for Windows you need to uninstall it NOW – BetaNews
- Uninstall QuickTime For Windows Today - InfoSec Handlers Diary Blog
- QuickTime for Windows Is Dead, and You Should Uninstall It to Stay Secure – How-To Geek blog
- Why Everyone should uninstall QuickTime Now! – BleepingComputer
- Time to uninstall QuickTime for Windows - gHacks Tech News