Getting caught up on some blog posts.
Ubuntu 14.10 “Utopic Unicorn” was released a few weeks ago.
I ran an upgrade and it went on. I am getting some errors launching it now and am trying to decide if I want to trace them out again or not and just start with a fresh build.
I don’t have too many things installed in this VM I run it in.
Biggest thing I would need to do is to reload Xplico. It’s a hassle tweaking everything including my Firefox launching shortcuts to behave with Xplico but I’ve done it a few times now.
It doesn’t look like the Xplico team has specifically updated their repository support for 14.10 just yet but I may go reckless and give it a try again if I can’t clear the (non-fatal) error upon logging into Ubuntu that I see.
I don’t think the Classic Ubuntu desktop package I loaded has anything to do with it…but maybe?
- How to Install a Classic Ubuntu Desktop in 14.04 LTS - OMG! Ubuntu
- Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn is here -- Linux fans, download now! - Betanews
- How To Upgrade Ubuntu 14.04 To Ubuntu 14.10 - It’s F.O.S.S
- 7 Things to Do After Installing Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn - OMG! Ubuntu
- How to Upgrade Ubuntu 14.04 LTS to Ubuntu 14.10 - OMG! Ubuntu
- Ubuntu 14.10 Released, Ready to Download Now - OMG! Ubuntu
Update: latest round of updates obtained today through the Software Updater app seem to have cleared the issue and/or the upgrade to VirtualBox 4.3.18. All is well and no reload required…for now.