Firefox release version 29 is out and has been for a while.
Firefox release version 30 is coming soon.
I’ve had no issues with the transition to v29, and aside from some GUI differences, I have been able to work just fine.
Here are a series of tips and tricks -- belated -- that might help anyone still looking.
Special hat-tip over towards the Firefox Extension Guru who is always on top of the best trends and tricks with all things Mozilla.
- How to turn the new Firefox 29 into the old Firefox - Firefox Extension Guru's Blog page tip to the following gHacks page below.
- How to turn the new Firefox 29 into the old Firefox - gHacks Technology News
- Firefox 29 and Australis - Firefox Extension Guru's Blog
- New Features In Firefox 29 For Desktop & Android - AddictiveTips blog
- Ditch the Firefox Australis look with Classic Theme Restorer - BetaNews
- Classic Theme Restorer Brings Back Firefox's Old Design - Lifehacker
More Firefox Stuff
Download Status Bar :: Add-ons for Firefox - I was running this before v29 and it still works great. I’d be lost without it as I am a power-downloader of all the utilities I use and keep updated.
It was present but already set to “disabled” (false) on my Firefox build.